Jun Tun Kung Fu uk

The forum for all connected to Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan and anyone interested in Traditional Chinese Kung Fu


    Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Share
    avatar
    griswold
    Admin

    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-01
    Age : 46
    Location : Cardiff

    Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  griswold on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 am

    Love this film opening. One of Jackies very earliest films.
    Poor quality but just before Hong kong legends ended they released a new range called Ultrabit editions, not as good as normal releases but still cleaned up.
    These titles were from the very early Loi Wei movies to Jackies Fearless Hyena, I bought Dragon fist on ultrabit was the best it ever looked.
    Will have to buy this on Ultrabit.

    Love this opening starts of with jackie with a spear doing a form(love the move where he throws the spear in the air does 2 punches then back kicks the spear to catch it) then he fights 2 guys who have spears.
    All this then the movie starts!
    Enjoy


    _________________

    Homer fu
    avatar
    Monkfit Master
    Student

    Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Age : 40
    Location : Cardiff

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  Monkfit Master on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 am

    The first 2 thirds of the film is great then it gets a bit dull and the ending is so so bad. Snake and the monkey shadow all thw way!


    avatar
    FARR
    Admin

    Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2009-03-01
    Age : 53
    Location : Watching you!

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  FARR on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 am

    Hello all you armchair kung fu fans,
    It's great to see you're posting these clips and sharing your thoughts on them. I don't have many kung fu films in my collection, but if i did, i think i might not practice very much, prefering instead to sit down and 'learn' kung fu from the dvds/films/videos Exclamation
    Keep posting these threads, keep watching the dvd's, but remember this, "There is no substitute for real practice". With this in mind, you could combine the two by holding your stances whilst watching them affraid
    Go on, you know i'm right Exclamation
    MikeX Twisted Evil


    _________________
    "I have a particular set of skills, aquired over many years, which makes me a nightmare for people like you!"
    avatar
    griswold
    Admin

    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-01
    Age : 46
    Location : Cardiff

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  griswold on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:46 am

    Monkfit Master wrote:The first 2 thirds of the film is great then it gets a bit dull and the ending is so so bad. Snake and the monkey shadow all thw way!

    Never seen this film but just looks like another taiwanese copy of snake in the eagles shadow and drunkem master.
    But I can relate to having seen this as a young boy, not seen snake and crane arts for a long time just ordered a copy on dvd.
    I think HKL has spoiled us with mandarin/cantonese soundtracks and subtitles as the improove the viewing no more goofy dubbing.


    Last edited by griswold on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________

    Homer fu
    avatar
    griswold
    Admin

    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-01
    Age : 46
    Location : Cardiff

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  griswold on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 am

    FARR wrote: keep watching the dvd's, but remember this, "There is no substitute for real practice". With this in mind, you could combine the two by holding your stances whilst watching them affraid
    Go on, you know i'm right Exclamation
    MikeX Twisted Evil

    Bloody hell these films run over 90mins Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation


    _________________

    Homer fu
    avatar
    FARR
    Admin

    Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2009-03-01
    Age : 53
    Location : Watching you!

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  FARR on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 am

    griswold wrote:
    FARR wrote: keep watching the dvd's, but remember this, "There is no substitute for real practice". With this in mind, you could combine the two by holding your stances whilst watching them affraid
    Go on, you know i'm right Exclamation
    MikeX Twisted Evil

    Bloody hell these films run over 90mins Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

    Then your stances should be reasonably strong then eh lol!


    _________________
    "I have a particular set of skills, aquired over many years, which makes me a nightmare for people like you!"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Snake and crane arts of shaolin

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 am