Jun Tun Kung Fu uk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jun Tun Kung Fu uk

The forum for all connected to Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan and anyone interested in Traditional Chinese Kung Fu

2 posters

Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!!

JonH
    JonH
    Student

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!! Empty Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!!

Post  JonH Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Just one I found on youtube! some of the movements look rather familiar Very Happy Also a quick question for Mike! I was just wondering, are there any methods used in Tong bei to condition the hands? Because i was just thinking if you were to strike someone to the head with such relaxed hands would the small bones of the hand be vunerable to damage? just crossed my mind!!! Question

cheers guys!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ua4VICAsGc
    FARR
    FARR
    Admin

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!! Empty Re: Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!!

Post  FARR Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 am

Hi jon,
    Good find Smile
    In answer to your question, there are some herbs that some practitioners boil up and 'wash' their hands with in order to condition them, but as you know, the 'blood' that flows to your hands tends to cushion the bones from injury. It seems like too many people are after a 'quick fix' using other things. There is no substitute for practice Exclamation
    Hope this helps Smile
    cheers
    MikeX
    JonH
    JonH
    Student

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!! Empty Re: Another nice Tong bei vid me thinks!!

Post  JonH Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:40 am

Cheers for reply Mike! yeah I had a sneaky feeling it would come down to the old PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTISE!!! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am