Jun Tun Kung Fu uk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jun Tun Kung Fu uk

The forum for all connected to Ba Fang Tong Bei Quan and anyone interested in Traditional Chinese Kung Fu

3 posters

What do you think of this?!

JonH
    JonH
    Student

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

What do you think of this?! Empty What do you think of this?!

Post  JonH Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:56 am

I read a book called the Magus of Java a couple of years ago in which a Greek bloke saw this video and went to find this guy in Java called David chang aka Dynamo jack! Most of the book was rather far fetched but none the less entertaining. It referes alot to Forms of Taoist Qi Gong and the like. It also explains that there are many levels that people can attain in the art, with Chang san feng the supposed founder of tai chi at one of the highest levels. So wot do ya think guys? I know a number of us have seen and experienced Qi Gong first hand but I don't remember fires being made out of nothing! Shocked Do you think it is real or fake? can these abilities actually exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvtQXliHxdc

So take a look!! Very Happy
    FARR
    FARR
    Admin

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

What do you think of this?! Empty Re: What do you think of this?!

Post  FARR Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I have seen loads of strange/wierd/wonderful feats concerning people using chi. I've seen my master boil water with his hand Exclamation Never seen anyone light newspaper using chi before, but i believe the potential for those with the skill to tap into their chi is limitless. Sometimes science can't explain things scratch I guess we gotta take it on faith.
    Just because science works doesn't mean to say it's right Exclamation Just because demonstrations of chi work which science can't explain, doesn't mean to say its wrong Exclamation

On a lighter note, he could give Ray mears a run for his money (or Carl) in the campfire stakes lol!
    Nice find Jon,
    cheers
    MikeX
    Scrappy
    Scrappy
    Student

Number of posts : 56

What do you think of this?! Empty Which is more believable?

Post  Scrappy Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I think David Chang was more believable than the scientists that were there to analyse him.
    Indeed, it comes to something when science fails to explain nature. Nature is more powerful.
    Thanks for the vid.
    JonH
    JonH
    Student

Post  JonH Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am

I have a question about chi!!! wasn't really sure where to post it, but this seems a good a place as any Very Happy What I really wanna know is, what does it actually feel like? I mean is it something that you can physically feel inside or is it more a mental construct. I've read loads of books on it but most of them just consider chi as a matter of fact but I've never really heard an 'eye witness' account. So guys if you have any comments!! cheers
    FARR
    FARR
    Admin

Post  FARR Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Jon,

Chi can be thought of as the blood that flows through our veins, the air that fills our lungs and the electrical impulses that run through our bodies. With time, practice and a good teacher, it is possible to reawaken the chi in your body. If you can learn to do that, you can then learn to make use of it in everything you do, not just in your kung fu, but in your whole life.

By the way, the name of Qiu's tongbei Master was Sha Guo Zheng. Qiu learned from him in Yunnan Province whilst he was a soldier (25 years). Sha Guo Zheng taught him Bai Yuan (white ape) and then all 5 areas of tong bei. Qiu is the only man ever to be taught all 5 branches of Sha Guo Zheng's Tong Bei. You were all very lucky he agreed to teach you whilst you were in china.

I recieved a reply from Xiao feng today, I wasn't gonna ask Qiu, he told me once and would get quite upset to think i'd forgotten his lineage affraid Exclamation

I hope this has helped and cleared up any gaps in your 'knowledge',
    cheers
    MikeX
    JonH
    JonH
    Student

Post  JonH Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Yeah cheers Mike thats great!

No wonder Qui is so good!! Laughing
    FARR
    FARR
    Admin

Post  FARR Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Oh Jon,
    Qiu's even better than that. When he taught you lot, i asked him to 'slow it all down - a lot!!!' I've seen him move across a long room and hit someone more times than i could register and all so fast a slow motion camera wouldn't have caught it mate.

Anyway, glad i could help,
    cheers
    MikeX
    Scrappy
    Scrappy
    Student

Number of posts : 56

What do you think of this?! Empty I would like to add

Post  Scrappy Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Jon, Mike, and all
    Jon, I know where you're coming from - "what is it?"!
    I had begun to think that I'd never be able to access chi. I reasoned that my tense physical and intellectual nature would just get in the way - I've been struggling for an age to let go. And it is one of those things that the harder you push for the less likely you are to get it.
    Lately though, amidst other significant life challenges, I've kept at it but without quite so much PUSH. Something Mike said helped alot too, but that was between me and him. Thanks Mike, it's a lesson I'll ner forget.
    And now, well now I'm getting a glimpse of what it is all about (for me). All I can say is, you'll know when you get it (and now I suspect it might be different for you than it is for anyone else). But if you're anything like me you'll have to be very patient. What's more, I think it's something that comes WHEN YOU NEED IT TO, when you're ready.
    And now I continue to look for improvements. But guess what, I won't LOOK too hard!
    Good luck
    Matt

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 am